Given that the Libertarian Party of New Mexico exists to promote liberty together with the Libertarian Party of the United States and the Libertarian Parties of all the several states, and the International Libertarian movement;
Given that the political climate in the United States and in other countries has become increasingly authoritarian;
Be it resolved that the Libertarian Party of New Mexico joins the Libertarian Party of Nevada and the Libertarian Party of New Hampshire by condemning the Communist government of Cuba for the political arrest and detention of Ubaldo Herrera Hernandez and Manuel Velasquez Visea that took place on February 2, 2017. These men were specifically targeted for their peaceful promotion of limited government and free markets. We call upon Libertarians and liberty-minded people in these United States and free people across the world to join us in condemning the immoral arrest and detention of individuals for exercising their natural and human rights. May tyrants be destroyed and liberty reign among all of the peoples throughout the world.
Resolved by the Central Committee of the Libertarian Party of New Mexico on Monday, February 20, 2017.
FOR FURTHER REFERENCE
- Mises Wire – Castro Regime Arrests Member of Mises Cuba by Tho Bishop
- Reposted –
- Personal blogs and micro-blogs – Craigslist / Diaspora* / Ello / Facebook [page / profile] / Gab / Google Plus / Liberty.Me / Minds / seen.life / Twitter / WordPress.com
- Libertarian Party –
- The Weekly Sedition Facebook page
- Albuquerque Liberty Forum Facebook page
- New Mexico Libertarians Facebook group