Convention of States resolution:
Whereas the Libertarian Party of New Mexico is a political party with the goal of increasing liberty in New Mexico; and
Whereas the federal government of the United States in all its branches has been recently engaged in limiting the powers belonging to the several states and to the people in violation of the Constitution of the United States; and
Whereas, the Constitution provides a remedy to the states and the people for the purpose of addressing said violations in the form of an Article 5 Convention of the States to amend the Constitution:
Be it resolved that the Libertarian party of New Mexico endorses the political work necessary to pass a resolution in the New Mexico legislature to apply for a Convention of the States to amend the Constitution as an exercise in asserting the powers reserved to the states and to the people in order to preserve and increase liberty.
Resolution passed by the LPNM Central Committee on Sunday, 2 August 2015
FOR FURTHER REFERENCE
- Convention to propose amendments to the United States Constitution [Wikipedia page]
- http://conventionofstates.com/ the official site
- Second Constitutional Convention of the United States [Wikipedia page]
- List of state applications for an Article V Convention [Wikipedia page]
- Approximate reading level – 15.6
- Reposted –
- Personal blogs and micro-blogs – App.net / Diaspora* / Ello / Facebook / Google Plus / Twitter
- LPUSA / LPNM – LPNM Blog / LPNM Official Facebook page / LPNM Official Google Plus page / LPNM Official Twitter page / LPNM Official Facebook group / New Mexico Libertarians Facebook group
- The Weekly Sedition – Facebook / WordPress
Copyright © 2015 Libertarian Party of New Mexico, Elisheva Levin and Mike Blessing. All rights reserved.
Produced by KCUF Media, a division of Extropy Enterprises.
This blog entry created with Notepad++ and KWrite.
bomb gun firearm steak knife Allah Aryan airline hijack