Libertarian Party of New Mexico
2015 Annual State Convention
Venue – UNM School of Law, Room 2403 – 1117 Stanford Street NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106
Saturday, 18 April 2015, 10 AM 5 PM
Contact Mike Blessing – 505-448-9976 for details
A donation of $15 is requested to offset the cost of the use of facilities.
|10:00 – 10:30||Registration|
|10:30 – 10:45||Welcome and Introduction by Mike Blessing, Chair, LPNM|
|10:45 – 11:30||Keynote address by Marita Noon, Energy Makes America Great|
|11:30 – 12:15||Marisa Salazar, New Mexico State Chair at Young Americans for Liberty and Campus Coordinator at Students For Liberty|
|12:15 – 1:30||Lunch Break|
|1:30 – 2:15||Kerry Adams, Mere Liberty, Rio Rancho Observer|
|2:15 – 2:45||Scott Lieberman, Libertarian National Committee|
|2:45 – 4:45||LPNM Business Meeting|
|5:00 PM||Convention closes|
Speakers and Candidates Addressing the Convention Membership
Speakers will have 30–45 minutes to make their case, then should be open to questions from the audience. Audience members are requested to ask questions of the speaker as opposed to making statements. All speakers will be considered to have consented to being recorded, including but not limited to audio or video devices, for posting to the internet (YouTube, etc.).
Handouts for Distribution
The LPNM membership reserves the right to disavow any handouts (handbills, brochures, CDs, DVDs, etc.) offered for distribution to convention membership, as well as the person(s) doing the distributing.
Nominations for Candidates for Public Office
Anyone wanting to vote to nominate candidates for public office needs to make sure that they’re registered to vote as “Libertarian” or “LIB” as the Secretary of State prints on the voter registration cards before they show up for the Convention.
So make sure to bring your voter registration card.
Participating in LPNM Internal Business
All you have to do to participate in the LPNM’s internal business (changes to the Constitution and Bylaws, internal nominations, etc.) is to do the following (all steps are necessary, regardless of order completed):
- Register to vote as “Libertarian” so that your voter registration card reads “LIB” in the spot marked “PARTY” (lower right-hand corner).
- Sign up as what the LPNM refers to as a “Caucus Member.” Basically, this means that you’ve signed the Non-Aggression Pledge and paid $25 in dues. You can do this at the Convention itself, as we’ll have the necessary paperwork on hand.
- Pay the required amount for a convention membership.
- All national-level candidates (for President, National Chair, LNC spots, etc.) are responsible for covering their own expenses, including but not limited to travel, meals, and lodging. They are, of course, free to solicit financial or other support from individual LPNM members, but the LPNM will not expend organizational resources for this purpose.
- The LPNM as an organization will NOT endorse candidates for any office until they have been officially nominated by an accredited affiliate of the Libertarian Party.
- Reposted –
- Personal blogs and micro-blogs – Facebook / Google Plus / Twitter
- LPUSA / LPNM –
- The Weekly Sedition – Facebook / Google Plus / Twitter / WordPress
Copyright © 2015 Libertarian Party of New Mexico, Libertarian Party of Bernalillo County, New Mexico and Mike Blessing. All rights reserved.
Produced by KCUF Media, a division of Extropy Enterprises.
This blog entry created with Notepad++.