The Patriot’s Credo
by Richard Gleaves
- America is a country of ideas.
- Those ideas are and must be based on reason, so that men and women of all faiths and philosophies can adhere to them equally.
- The fundamental idea of America is freedom, which means the abolishment of physical force from civic life.
- Individual rights are the recognition of personal self-ownership. They ensure our freedoms. They include the Right to Life which means the right to exist without threat of destruction; the Right to Liberty which means the right to exist without physical coercion; the Right to Property which means the right to create, earn, own, use and trade property; the Right to Pursue Happiness which means the right to take action in service to one’s own life. These rights are unalienable and belong to all individuals.
- No collective or group possesses more or different rights beyond the individual rights of its members.
- Rights are freedoms of action, not coercive claims on the property or services of others.
- No man may violate the rights of another by force.
- Our government was founded to be the defender of man’s legitimate rights, so that force may be used only against those who initiate force or fraud against others, that it may be controlled by objective law. This is the justification of our military, courts, and police forces.
- A government that initiates force or fraud against its citizens is illegitimate; it is the prerogative of the people to alter or abolish such a government.
- Voluntary cooperation
- Mutual respect
- Recognition of individual sovereignty
No man should be embarrassed to love his country. America belongs to us all equally, to every individual regardless of our differences, and by virtue of our shared humanity. In its founding principles, it is the noblest country in the history of man.
We must call on the current administration, both parties in Congress, the Supreme Court, the Governors and Legislatures of the several states and on our fellow citizens to reinstate these founding ideas that were once at the center American life. It is a secular creed by which men and women of all faiths and nations may live together, grow together, and ultimately achieve greatness.
For more, see the Principled Patriots site.
- Approximate reading level – 13.6
- Original article
- Reposted –
bomb gun firearm steak knife Allah Aryan airline hijack