Comments I’ve posted
- Re: [FYI-Politics] burn the Quran
- Posted to the Facebook
I’d like to see Bill Richardson take the 2012 Democrat nomination from Obama. Then I’d like to see Gary Johnson get the Republican nomination.
Think about it – two two-term governors from the same state. All people would have do is compare their records as governor side-by-side. “Going negative” like Mullins (asinine character assassination) would be almost mandatory on Wild Bill’s part, considering the last eight years, and there’s nothing that I’ve seen in Johnson’s past that would give Richardson much if any ammo.
- Posted to Facebook
My list – Robert A. Heinlein, Leonardo da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin, Jules Verne, Isaac Newton.
- I just clicked “Ignore” in response to a request that I join the page for the Parables TV Network, which “is poised to be ‘the’ destination for faith-based entertainment that will feature movies, dramatic series, documentaries, original productions, and specials that tell profound and uplifting stories of faith.”
So I guess that TV preachers soliciting piles of ØØØØ aren’t enough?
I’ll hold out for a channel that gives “SyFy” some competition – the cheesy monster movies on Saturday nights are getting old.
- For Your Consideration
- Concerning the IPR Issue
- Posted to Facebook –
And so Wickard v. Filburn filters down to the local level of government.
So much for the GOP meme that local government is better than state or federal government.
- Posted to the Facebook Walls of Alan Levy and Kill the Bill –
And Hannity is in it with Rove – take a look at Hannity.com, the site is featuring Tony Blair’s new book.
- Re: Bingaman (and Heritage Foundation!!) Team up for Nanny-State Retirement Planning –
Extend the tax cut for the top two percent but allow it to be invested only in companies that keep their work force within the U.S..
Ahhh . . . that’s much better.
If we’re going to have an income tax at all (I will admit to mixed emotions to the income-vs-excise fight, for strategic and practical reasons), why oh why can’t these pukes make it a flat rate for everyone? Is that too much to ask?
And when I say “flat rate,” I’m not talking the 25 – 30 percent that “FairTax” advocates say is necessary for “revenue neutrality” (so that Imperial Washington doesn’t have to undertake any spending cuts), I’m talking something like five percent.
Y’all know, if the Sith Lords of the Potomac had been happy with their two percent from the 98th percentile income bracket, we might not have people threatening the lives of IRS agents intent on foreclosing their properties and emptying their bank accounts as we do today.
But NO, they want it ALL.
- Re: For Your Consideration
- Young Americans, Old Freedoms –
Let’s see if they (and the Tea Party groups) retain their enthusiasm should the Republicans take the Congress this November. And especially if a Republican takes the White House in 2012.
I cite the GOP record between 1995 and 2009 as evidence supporting my misgivings.
Listening / Reading / Watching
- Starbridge by Jack Williamson and James E. Gunn
- Stormtroopers reminisce about death star
- Coyote 102.5 FM’s Facebook page
- Save The Stig from Extinction
- Adam VS The Man 9/13/10
Adam read my recent “press release” about the LPNM on the air at the end of yesterday’s show.
- Campaign for Liberty video clip – C4L Rising
- Adult Swim – Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Squidbillies