Comments I’ve posted
- Re: I think Ron Paul is nuts,
Quote from: The Lexx on August 28, 2010, 08:39:11 PM
his political views are insane and I think libertarianism is discredited,
Look at the great job that Bush and Obama have done with Keynesian theory, foreign policy, etc. how much are you loving the corporate bailouts? How much “stimulus” cash has made it your way?
C’mon now, you can admit it you’ve gotten yourself a cushy, climate-controlled position counting and sorting paperclips (straightening them out is someone else’s job!) for ∅35K a year plus medical plan and “guaranteed” pension (you don’t really think that Missouri’s state employees’ retirement plan is any more solvent than New Mexico’s . . ?), and a Paul Administration would put you back in the . . . <gasp!> . . . the private sector! NO! the HORROR!
but I can still give him credit when he deserves it:
You almost got one right . . .
Here; he’s on the side of the proverbial angles.
Like I said almost “proverbial angles” gotta love it! What’s an English class at the local community college cost these days? Around here, it’s about 70 bucks, including textbook, notebook and pen, etc. Seriously.
- Re: Can the Tea Party Deliver?
I’m more worried about January, 2011 let’s say that the Tea Party movement does put enough Republicans into the House and Senate to regain the majority they held from 1995 to 2007. What happens after that?
- Will those Republicans stick to the Tea Party message of Constitutionally-limited government, individual rights, and fiscal responsibility that got them elected?
- If the answer to Question 1 is “No,” will the Tea Party retain enough enthusiasm for the message to give those Republicans the boot when they come up for re-election?
Based on what I saw after 21 January 2001 (George W. Bush’s inauguration), I’m guessing the answer to both questions will be a resounding “No.”
I would love to be proven wrong here only time will tell, in the end.
Listening / Reading / Watching
- Patriotism, from Facts and Comments (1902), by Herbert Spencer (1820-1903)
- Ron Paul to Sunshine Patriots: Stop Your Demagogy About The NYC Mosque!
- Constitutional Carry Gaining Steam Across America
- For Us, The Living: A Comedy of Customs by Robert A. Heinlein